Easy Home Decorating Tips for Fall
Autumn brings cooler weather, colorful foliage, pumpkins galore - and the opportunity to redecorate your home for the season! Baywood Greens residents know that fall is a beautiful time of year in our resort community, and with these easy home decoration tips, you can make sure that the inside of your home is just as beautiful and autumnal as the outside!
Follow these easy fall home decorating tips to transform your home from a beach cottage to a fall-themed haven!:
- Focus on fall colors: One of the easiest ways to shift the interior of your home to an autumn theme is by focusing on the colors. Trading in the beachy blues and seafoam greens for warmer colors, such as oranges, deep yellows and browns, gives any room an instant fall feel. You can even think beyond these traditional fall colors and incorporate jewel tones, such as deep magenta and purple, to add warmth to any space.
- Decorate in layers: Using decorative pillows and throw blankets adds a cozy touch to your living space area, perfect for autumn. Not only will this add a fall-themed touch to the room, but these additions are also functional for the cooler weather! Adding decorative pillows and throw blankets are a great way for you to experiment with mixing colors, patterns and textures, too.
- Inviting entryway or foyer: You’ll likely have family and friends coming to your home throughout the holiday season, and rugs are a great, easy way to warm up an entryway. Don’t be afraid to get creative with patterns and colors – a visual rug goes a long way to add excitement to a space! Even if you'll be away for the holidays, you can still prep for guests, as fall is a great time for guests to visit Baywood Greens just for a weekend getaway. The weather is perfect for a round of golf or a stroll through our breathtaking gardens!
- Fall flowers: Adding a vase of flowers to a room can brighten up any area and add the perfect touch of fall. Any flowers that are rich in color - such as deep purples, oranges and yellows – will instantly add an autumnal feel to the room.
- Dress up your fireplace: As the weather starts to get cooler in the evenings, the fireplace becomes the centerpiece of any room as a great focal point to gather around and spend time with friends and family. Freshening up your mantle decorations, or any decorations surrounding your fireplace, with fall-appropriate accents ensure that this area is autumn-centric. Consider using harvest-themed accents, incorporating things like leaves, pumpkins, gourds, burlap and dried flowers, to add the quintessential touch of fall.
- Don’t forget about outdoor living spaces!: Whether you have an open porch, screened patio, or a simple outdoor sitting area, they’re not just for summer months! Take our Edenton model from Christopher Companies, for example - it has an expansive front porch, screened patio and outdoor living space with a fire pit, perfect for spending time with family and friends. Adding pillows, rugs, and blankets to your outdoor living area keeps it cozy for the brisk fall evenings.
At Baywood Greens, our new homes from Christopher Companies offer the perfect blank slate to decorate for fall! Homes from Christopher’s Coastal Series and Village Series are prime examples of excellence in new home construction and sustainable practices. Owning a new home in Baywood Greens means enjoying the wonderful community amenities – such as a world-class golf course and the incredible clubhouse restaurant - while also enjoying our beautiful homes as well!
SOURCE: Coastal Living