Easy Home Decorating Tips for Winter
The holiday season is almost over, and that means it’s almost time to put your festive decorations away until next year. But we still have a few months to go before springtime rolls around, and that’s a few months that you can’t rely on Santa-themed decorations for your home!
Follow these easy tips to give your Baywood Greens home interior a winter makeover to keep you cozy until the warm weather comes back around!:
- Accents in warm colors. You don’t have to re-do your entire color scheme to achieve a wintery feel – adding appropriately-colored accents can make a world of difference in your interior design. When decorating for winter, look for accents that incorporate gold, cream, off-white, rich reds, deep purple and magenta shades.
- Highlight the fireplace. If you have a fireplace, be sure to draw attention to it when re-decorating for the winter! Give your mantle a facelift with new decorations and accent pieces, making it the centerpiece of the room. On a blustery day, it will be a beautiful addition to the room, keeping you warm while also serving as a centerpiece. The beautiful fireplaces in our Sheffield and Edenton model homes serve as the perfect focal points of the living spaces in these homes.
- Plenty of cozy throws. Nothing says winter like a warm blanket! Cozy throws are perfect for winter decorations – not only because they look great for the season, but also because they’ll keep you nice and toasty in these chilly months. Look for throws made of thick materials, such as wool, to match your pre-existing color scheme.
- Heavy drapes. Adding heavy drapes to a space instantly gives it a more wintery feel than, for example, sheer curtains. Thick curtains made from a neutral colored burlap are great winter additions to any room in your home.
- Switch up your foliage. Trade out your vibrant fall flowers for more winter-centric decorations. Consider using winterberries, holly, cinnamon sticks, pine needles and pinecones in lieu of your standard flowers that may be more suitable for summer and spring.
- Adding rugs. We love the beautiful hardwood flooring in our Sheffield and Edenton model homes during any season, but adding area or throw rugs on the floors in winter will instantly create a warmer feel in every room! Don’t be afraid to experiment with bold patterns and textures when picking out rugs for your home.
- Swap out your pictures. Perhaps one of the easiest ways to winterize your interior design is by simply swapping pictures! Do you have some unused pictures of family and friends at last year’s ski trip? Simply add those to the frames instead of the picture of your family at the beach last year. It’s all about the details!
These decorating tips will help make your Baywood Greens home as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside! You may think that summer is the best time of the year in Baywood Greens, but winter is also beautiful and relaxing in our community. Just imagine being huddled by the fireplace in a new Christopher Companies home, watching the snow blanket our breathtaking community - there’s no better way to spend winter in Delaware than in Baywood Greens!
SOURCE: Better Homes & Gardens