Why We Love Sussex County
There are only three counties in Delaware, but if you ask us, Sussex County is a cut above the rest! Baywood Greens is located in the Sussex County community of Long Neck, and there’s nowhere else we’d rather be. There’s a lot to love about living in Sussex County, but these are some of the most popular reasons:
- Excellent housing market: The desirability of living in Sussex County is reflected by a consistently strong housing market. In fact, the most recent data from the Sussex County Association of Realtors (SCAOR) shows that single-family home sales and home prices in Sussex County have shown impressive growth year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter. With beautiful vacation homes abound in the county, it’s no wonder that home sales continue to impress! Take our new homes from Christopher Companies, for example – the exquisite designs of our Coastal Series and Village Series homes offer the vacation home you’ve always dreamed of!
- Tax benefits: Delaware is famous for its excellent tax benefits, and there’s no better place in the state to take advantage of them than Sussex County! There’s no sales tax in Delaware, and Sussex County offers a wealth of excellent shopping opportunities – including various stores at the beaches and the famous Tanger Outlets. Other tax benefits include no state inheritance tax or tangible personal property tax, up to $12,500 of retirement income tax exempt for those who are 60 and older, no tax on social security benefits, and a credit equal to half of school property taxes (up to $500) for homeowners 60 years and older.
- Ideal location: Sussex County is situated along the Delaware shore, boasting several distinct beaches that have gained national recognition for their beauty and quaint coastal towns. Wherever you are in Sussex County, you’re never too far from the beach! The county’s location in southern Delaware also means that it’s easy accessible from much of the mid-Atlantic region – perfect for homeowners who only want a short drive to their vacation home from their primary residence in surrounding states.
- Access to the water: There’s no doubt about it – life is better on the water! Sussex County residents not only have the opportunity to enjoy the Delaware shore, but also enjoy various rivers and bays that offer a waterfront oasis. Consider Baywood Greens residents, for example, who have the option taking a quick drive to Rehoboth Beach to enjoy the ocean – or, they can enjoy private beaches and marinas on the inland bays for even more relaxation! The private bay beaches Baywood Greens resident have access to offer endless opportunities for waterfront fun – boating, crabbing, fishing, paddleboarding, or just plain relaxing are all options when you’re lucky enough to be on the water!
- “Slower lower Delaware”: The relaxed, worry-free lifestyle that we’re known for here in Sussex County is something you truly have to experience to fully understand and appreciate! And it’s none the more evident than in Baywood Greens – the perfect community to relax poolside, at our clubhouse, on the golf course, or while simply admiring the beautiful landscaping and incredible thousands of blooming flowers that we’re so famous for.
There’s no doubt about it – Sussex County is a wonderful place to be. As much as we love Sussex County, we love our resort community even more – Baywood Greens is unequivocally the best community to own a home in Delaware!
SOURCE: whylovede.com, Sussex County Association of Realtors (SCAOR)